Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Shack by William P. Young

The Shack
by William P. Young

★★★★☆





From Amazon
Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant "The Shack" wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!

Being a mother there was some parts of this that really tore at my heart. I couldn't imagine loosing a child in this way. I wouldn't dream of anyone being done in this way. There was some really good reading in this book and for the post part I liked it. Having a strict christian upbringing I do have a problem with the way The Father,The Son & The Holy Ghost Was pertraded to be. I don't know if this is a true story or what but,I just can't imagine anything but,what I've been taught. I know that My idea of God probably isn't the correct one but,I guess its my beliefs and I hold my beliefs very high. I liked this book but,this was the only problem I had with it cause I just don't believe in that sort of thing. However I did like the fact of spending a weekend with God. I however didn't like the way that there was answers for things if this story is true than thats okay for them I guess but,he had answers for things that only the one true God knows. I certainly don't believe that we can find the answers right now here on earth through the bible or even at church. I believe those sorts of things are yet to be known. It was a good book and I recommend it to anyone who has ever lost a child. But,I guess I don't agree with the authors thinking on it.

No comments: